Thursday, February 1, 2007

February 1, 2007

I have pulled the radiator and sent it out for boiling and pressure testing. I discovered that the ignition switch is disconnected and that the toggle switch in the center of the dash that I thought was a starter switch isn't connected to anything at all! I have located a number of blown fuses and wires that are disconnected or simply cut off.

I am now pulling all of the accessories and gadgets out of the car that were added over the past 36 years, including a 1990 vintage CD player (you put the CD in a cartridge before you insert it!), an alarm system complete with a starter disable who's wires were melted at the fuses, 4 pairs of speakers, 2 sets of driving lights, and an amplifier. My thinking is to get things back to basics first before searching for electrical problems.

No comments: